Discover the Secrets of Vegetarian Grilling: Recipe for Colorful Vegetable Skewers
Grilling is not only pork neck and sausage. In the era of the growing popularity of vegetarian and vegan diets, more and more people are looking for alternatives to grilled meat delicacies. Vegetable skewers are one of such solutions. It is not only a healthy but also a tasty alternative In our recipe, we will focus on versatility - we will show you how to prepare skewers that will be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary preferences. Vegetable skewers are a great way to use seasonal vegetables. their taste will always depend on the ingredients used. In our recipe, we will focus on vegetables that are easily available and that everyone has in their kitchen.
- 1 smaller red pepper - about 200 g (7 oz)
- 1 medium yellow or orange pepper - about 280 g (10 oz)
- 1 medium zucchini - about 280 g (10 oz)
- 200 g (7 oz) small mushrooms
- 1 medium onion - about 200 g (7 oz)
- up to 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cloves of garlic - about 10 g (0.35 oz)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- spices and herbs: 1 teaspoon of oregano; 1 level teaspoon of sweet paprika; half a teaspoon of salt; 1/3 teaspoon of black pepper; 1/4 teaspoon of chilli; a pinch each of cumin, rosemary and thyme
- Prepare the marinade for vegetable skewers. In one bowl, put together: vegetable oil, peeled and pressed garlic cloves, honey or sugar, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Add spices: oregano, sweet paprika, salt, pepper black, chilli, cumin, rosemary and thyme.
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash, dry, cut off the ends and cut into pieces so that they are not much larger than the rest of the ingredients and are not too thin, as they may break while putting them on the skewer.
- Thread the ingredients onto the skewers. I recommend pieces of zucchini, onion or pepper first as they don't break so easily. The other ingredients stick to them better too.
- Coat the vegetable skewers in the marinade. I usually use a spoon and a kitchen brush for this.
- Place the vegetable skewers on the hot grill or on the grill pan. During grilling, remember to control the degree of browning of the skewers. It is worth turning them over every few minutes or more often.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 20 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 117 kcal
Carbohydrate: 15 g
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 5 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.