Ukrainian Borscht: Full Aroma and Richness of Flavors
There is something magical about soups that can be cooked for hours, letting in the flavor and aroma of each ingredient in the process. Ukrainian borscht is just such a soup, rich in flavor and full of ingredients that together create a harmonious whole. What's more, Ukrainian borscht is a real 'comfort meal' - by serving it, we can warmly welcome family and friends on colder days. Brscht, originating from Ukraine, is one of the most characteristic dishes of Eastern Europe. It is a soup that, like many others from this part of the world, combines elements of different cultures and culinary traditions. Whether you are in Ukraine, Poland, Belarus or Russia, each of these places has its own version of borscht. Today we will focus on the Ukrainian version, which is characterized by the deep, rich taste of beetroot, complemented by potatoes, cabbage and many other ingredients.
- 3 medium beets ( beetroot )
- 2 carrots ( carrots )
- 1 parsley ( parsnip )
- 1 onion ( onion )
- 2 cloves of garlic ( garlic cloves )
- 1/2 head of medium cabbage (1/2 medium cabbage )
- 2 potatoes ( potatoes )
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 grains of allspice ( allspice )
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Peel the beets, carrots, parsley, potatoes and onions. Grate the beets and carrots on a coarse grater, dice the parsley and potatoes, finely chop the onion. Press the garlic through the press.
- In a large frying pan, in hot oil, fry the onion until it becomes translucent. Add grated beets, carrots, garlic and apple cider vinegar. Stewed vegetables, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Add to it chopped potatoes, stewed vegetables from the pan and shredded cabbage. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- After this time, add parsley, bay leaves, allspice, salt and pepper. Cook the soup over low heat for another 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 36.36 kcal
Carbohydrate: 4 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Fat: 1.64 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.