Traditional Cabbage Soup: A Culinary Journey Through Time
The smell of cabbage soup spreading around the house is a real sentimental journey through time for many of us. This simple, but filling and full of flavor broth is one of the foundations of traditional Polish cuisine. It is inseparably associated with the warmth of home, the cosiness of grandma's kitchen and the carefree childhood. Kapuśniak is a dish that is a perfect example of how you can conjure up a real culinary miracle from seemingly modest ingredients. The main character here is, of course, sauerkraut, which adds a characteristic, slightly acidic taste to the soup. In combination with other ingredients - onions, carrots, potatoes or pieces of white sausage - it creates a harmonious composition that is the source of true culinary . Below you will find a recipe for traditional cabbage soup, the way our grandmothers used to cook it. This dish is extremely easy to prepare, and at the same time extremely satisfying. Let this recipe be an opportunity to recall the flavors of childhood or to rediscover the charms of traditional Polish cuisine.
- 500g (17.6oz) sauerkraut
- 200g (7oz) white sausage
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsley
- 1 large onion
- 2 liters (67.6 fl oz) of meat stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the sauerkraut thoroughly and then chop into small pieces. Cut the white sausage into thick slices.
- Peel the carrots, parsley and potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Chop the onion finely.
- In a large skillet, fry the sausage until it starts to brown. Add the onion and fry until it starts to soften.
- Add broth, sauerkraut, carrot, parsley, potatoes, fried sausage and onion to a large pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the soup over low heat for about 1.5 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 1 h30 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 22.1 kcal
Carbohydrate: 4.3 g
Protein: 0.91 g
Fat: 0.14 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.