Tomato soup - a culinary classic in a modern edition
Tomato soup is one of those dishes that we associate with home, warmth and comfort. It's a classic soup that has been present on our tables for generations. But have you ever wondered how to prepare the perfect tomato soup? ingredients needed, how long to cook, what spices to add to achieve that unique taste we know and love?In this article, we will answer these questions, guiding you step by step through the process of preparing homemade tomato soup. Tomato soup is a dish which may seem simple, but in fact requires precision and attention to detail. It is not only a matter of choosing the right ingredients, but also their proper preparation and combination. Each ingredient has its role to play, and their harmonious combination creates a unique taste that In this article, we will focus on traditional Polish tomato soup, but we will show you how to add a modern twist to it. Get ready for a culinary journey that will redefine your relationship with tomato soup.
- 1 kg of meat for broth: 2 chicken quarters and a bone-in beef shank (35.3oz)
- 2 medium carrots - about 280 g (9.9 oz)
- 1 small parsley root - about 90 g (3.2 oz)
- Slice of celery root - about 80 g (2.8 oz)
- 1 small onion - about 100 g (3.5 oz)
- 1500 ml water (50.7 fl oz)
- Spices and herbs: 2 grains of allspice; 1 bay leaf; teaspoon of salt; half a teaspoon of pepper
- 1 small jar of tomato paste - 200 g (7 oz)
- 4 tbsp sour cream 18% - about 80 g (2.8oz)
- To serve: parsley and pasta or rice
- In one pot, place the meat, carrots, parsley root, onion, celery root. Add allspice seeds, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Pour in the water.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring the soup to a boil. Turn the heat down to just flicker and cook for 90 minutes if you used only chicken, or 120 minutes if you used bone-in beef.
- After two hours, remove the scum from the sides of the pot. Using a colander, remove all the meat, vegetables and spices from the soup. There should be about 1200 ml of broth. If more stock has evaporated, add boiling water.
- Add tomato paste to the broth. Before the tomato soup starts to boil again, add the cream. Stir the soup and check its taste. If necessary, season it with salt, pepper, maybe a little sugar.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or rice and fresh parsley.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 2 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 45.6 kcal
Carbohydrate: 7.4 g
Protein: 1.3 g
Fat: 1.2 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.