Sidecar : A classic cocktail that has stood the test of time
Sidecar is an elegant and classic cocktail that exudes the noble style of the good old days. This is one of the most important cognac-based cocktails and is part of the classic group of cocktails that are referred to as sours . Its history is as complex and fascinating as the flavors it offers. It originated in the 1920s, during the tumultuous interwar period, when Parisian clubs and bars were full of American expats seeking an escape from prohibition in their home country. Essentially, Sidecar is the fruit of an international cultural exchange - the epitome of French Cognac, Italian Lemon Liqueur (or Triple Sec, depending on the version) and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Elegant and bold, Sidecar is the perfect cocktail for any occasion. It will work both at an elegant dinner and at a casual meeting with friends. Now I invite you to discover how to make this classic cocktail in your own home.
- 50 ml (1.7 oz) cognac
- 25 ml (0.85 oz) Cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 25 ml (0.85 oz) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sugar to decorate the rim of the glass
- Lemon peel for decoration
- Start by preparing the glass. Moisten the rim of the glass with lemon juice, then roll them in sugar. Leave to dry.
- In a shaker with ice, combine Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice. Shake vigorously for a few seconds until the ingredients are well combined and the shaker is cold.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel.
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 0 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 60 kcal
Carbohydrate: 15 g
Protein: 0 g
Fat: 0 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.