Homemade Shawarma: The Taste of Street Food in Your Own Home! Are you craving the flavor of street food without leaving your home? We have a simple recipe for homemade shawarma - juicy meat marinated in a spicy blend of seasonings, served in warm pita bread with a salad of fresh vegetables. Shawarma is a popular dish in Middle Eastern countries that has won the hearts of food lovers worldwide. Now you have the chance to prepare your own shawarma at home and enjoy its incredible flavor. Our recipe involves marinating the meat in an aromatic blend of spices that gives it a unique taste. The meat is then grilled or roasted to achieve juiciness and a crispy exterior. Served in warm pita bread with a salad of fresh vegetables, shawarma becomes a complete meal that will delight your taste buds. Don't wait any longer! Prepare your own shawarma at home and savor the flavor of street food in the comfort of your own home. It's the perfect choice for a quick and tasty meal for the whole family!
- 500g (17.5oz) meat (e.g., chicken, beef), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shawarma spice mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad vegetables (e.g., tomatoes, cucumbers, onions)
- Pita bread or tortilla
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, shawarma spice mix, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the meat strips to the bowl with the marinade and mix well to ensure the meat is thoroughly coated.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes, preferably a few hours, to allow the marinade to penetrate the meat.
- On a large frying pan or grill, sauté the meat over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve the shawarma meat in pita bread or tortilla, topped with salad vegetables.
- Wrap it up and enjoy the flavors of aromatic and spicy shawarma.
Shawarma is a popular Middle Eastern dish consisting of grilled meat, aromatic spices, and fresh vegetables, typically served in pita bread or tortilla. In this recipe, meat such as chicken or beef is sliced into thin strips. It is then marinated in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, shawarma spice blend, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. The meat should be marinated for at least 30 minutes, preferably a few hours, to allow the flavors to infuse. The marinated meat is then grilled on a stovetop or grill until well-browned and cooked through. Shawarma is served in pita bread or tortilla, accompanied by a variety of fresh salad vegetables. Roll it up and enjoy the flavors of aromatic and spicy shawarma.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 7 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 130 kcal
Carbohydrate: 19.6 g
Protein: 9.2 g
Fat: 1.6 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.