Sazerac : A journey into the heart of New Orleans
Sazerac is a drink that is extremely strongly associated with the culture and history of the city it comes from. Considered one of America's oldest cocktails, Sazerac is the quintessence of New Orleans, a city known for its jazz music, Creole cuisine and unrivaled celebration of life. Originally, Sazerac was simple in design: cognak , absinthe, sugar and a few drops of Peychaud's Bitter - created by Antoine Amedee Peychaud , an apothecary from New Orleans. Since then, the recipe has evolved and the cocktail has gained iconic status, becoming the symbol and even the official cocktail of the city of New Orleans. So let's dive into this iconic drink, researching its ingredients and discovering how to create an authentic version of Sazerac .
- 60 ml (2 oz) whiskey Rye
- 1 sugar cube
- 2-3 drops of bitter Peychaud's
- A few drops of absinthe
- Lemon peel for decoration
- Place a sugar cube in a strong glass shot glass and add 2-3 drops of Peychaud's Bitter . Whisk the sugar with the bitter until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Add whiskey Rye into a glass.
- In a separate glass, pour a few drops of absinthe and swirl the glass so that the absinthe covers the entire surface. Discard excess absinthe.
- Pour the mixture from the first glass into the glass covered with absinthe.
- Garnish the cocktail with a lemon peel.
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 0 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 19.6 kcal
Carbohydrate: 4.9 g
Protein: 0 g
Fat: 0 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.