Culinary masterpiece: Salmon in jelly with vegetables
Salmon in jelly with vegetables is a dish that impresses not only with its taste, but also with its presentation. It is a dish that will be perfect on any table - both for everyday dinner and during festive occasions. Preparation of salmon in jelly it may seem complicated at first glance, but I assure you that you will cope with my recipe without any problems. Just follow my step-by-step instructions and the end result will surely please you. Jelly salmon is a dish that always impresses guests It is elegant, tasty and healthy. Salmon is a fish rich in omega-3 acids, which are necessary for the proper functioning of our body. The jelly in which we serve salmon is prepared on the basis of vegetable broth with the addition of gelatin. This makes the dish light and does not burden the stomach. The addition of vegetables adds color and freshness to the dish. I invite you to read the recipe and wish you a tasty meal!
- about 500 g (17.6 oz) fresh salmon
- 1 medium carrot - about 150 g (5.3 oz)
- 1 medium parsley root - about 140 g (4.9 oz)
- a piece of celery root - about 150 g (5.3 oz)
- half a medium leek - about 150 g (5.3 oz)
- about half a cup of green peas, e.g. frozen - up to 100 g (3.5 oz)
- 3 cups of water - 750 ml (25.3 fl oz)
- about 10 g (0.35 oz) gelatin
- 4 hard-boiled chicken eggs or eight quail eggs
- spices and herbs: a flat teaspoon of salt; 1/3 teaspoon of peppercorns; a generous pinch of ground pepper; one bay leaf; 2 grains of allspice
- to clarify the broth: 1 egg white and a teaspoon of lemon juice or half a teaspoon of spirit vinegar
- additionally to taste: salt and vinegar or lemon juice
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Boil the carrots whole, cut the parsley and celery into smaller pieces. Cut the leek in half lengthwise.
- Put the vegetables in a pot, add the spices and pour over three cups of water. Cook the vegetable broth covered for one hour.
- Pick out the vegetables and spices from the broth. Set the carrots aside, use the rest of the vegetables for another dish.
- Prepare portions of fresh salmon. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Decide how you prepare the salmon. You can bake it in the oven or cook it in vegetable broth.
- If you choose to boil, place the salmon portions in the broth and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pick the salmon out of the broth and remove the skin once it has cooled.
- Strain the cooled broth through cheesecloth into another pot.
- Add a cup of frozen peas to the broth and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove the peas and set aside.
- Add the gelatin to the hot broth and stir until dissolved. Set the broth aside to cool.
- Hard-boil some eggs and cut the cooked carrot into slices.
- Arrange the salmon portions, carrot slices, boiled peas, and hard-boiled eggs on a platter.
- When the decoction with gelatin is slightly thick, pour it spoon by spoon onto a platter. Put the whole thing in the fridge so that the jelly solidifies.
Preparation time: 2 h
Cooking time: 1 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 256 kcal
Carbohydrate: 2 g
Protein: 35 g
Fat: 12 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.