Recipe for pork neck in its own sauce
Pork neck in its own sauce is a classic of the Polish table, whose traditional taste evokes a nostalgic longing for home-cooked food. The recipe for this dish is simple and reliable, but the secret lies in patience and the use of the highest quality ingredients. The pork neck is the part of pork that comes from the upper back of pigs. This meat is extremely juicy and full of flavor, thanks to the fact that it is quite fatty and contains a lot of connective tissue, which becomes incredibly soft after long cooking. Dipped in its own juice, the meat gains depth and intensity of flavor that only enhance its natural attributes. This recipe for pork neck in its own juice is a dish that can be the center of any gala dinner or family Sunday.
- 1 kg pork neck (2.2 lbs )
- 1 large onion (approx. 200g, 7oz)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil (30ml)
- 1 cup stock (about 240 ml, 8.1 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (30g, 1oz)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of marjoram (5g, 0.18oz)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 grains of allspice
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the pork neck and fry on all sides until browned. The meat should be golden and crispy on the outside, but still raw on the inside.
- In the meantime, cut the onion into small pieces and press the garlic through the press.
- Once the meat is browned, add the chopped onion and garlic to the pan. Fry together with the meat until the onion becomes glassy and fragrant.
- Then add tomato paste, marjoram, bay leaves and allspice to the meat. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Now add the broth, season with salt and pepper, then reduce the heat to a minimum. Cover the pan and simmer the meat over low heat for about 2-3 hours. You can add a little water while cooking if the sauce becomes too thick.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 2 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 239 kcal
Carbohydrate: 0 g
Protein: 26 g
Fat: 15 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.