Recipe for Quiche Lorraine: Exquisite French Flavors in Your Kitchen
If you are looking for a recipe for a sophisticated dish with excellent taste, look no further. Quiche Lorraine is a classic of French cuisine that will surely delight your taste buds. This delicious tart with bacon and cheese filling is the perfect dish for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 package of French pastry
- 200 g (7 oz) of smoked bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 150 g (5.5 oz) of Gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (8.5 oz) of heavy cream (30% fat)
- 250 ml (8.5 oz) of milk
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Remove the French pastry from the packaging and spread it on the bottom of a tart pan with a diameter of approximately 23 cm (9 inches). Gently press it into the edges of the pan.
- Heat oil or butter in a frying pan, add the chopped onion, and sauté over medium heat until soft and slightly translucent.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the heavy cream, milk, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Evenly spread the sautéed onion and bacon on the prepared French pastry.
- Sprinkle grated Gruyère cheese on top.
- Pour the previously prepared egg mixture over the ingredients, trying to distribute it evenly over the entire surface.
- Place the tart pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes until the quiche is golden brown and the egg mixture is set.
- After baking, remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Once the tart has cooled slightly, gently remove it from the pan and cut it into slices.
- Serve warm or lukewarm as a main dish or appetizer.
Quiche Lorraine is ready to be served! This classic French delicacy will surely delight your taste buds with its harmony of flavors and perfect texture. The crispy pastry, aromatic bacon filling, and rich flavor of Gruyère cheese make every bite a true pleasure for the palate. This dish is perfect for various occasions, from family gatherings to elegant parties. You can serve it as a main course, accompanied by a salad or fresh vegetables, or as an exquisite appetizer at receptions and events. Quiche Lorraine is also ideal for brunch, as it can be served both warm and cold.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 266 kcal
Carbohydrate: 16.7 g
Protein: 10.8 g
Fat: 17.3 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.