Poppy seed cake - a taste of tradition on your table
Poppy seed cake is a classic baking that is associated with tradition and home warmth. For many years it has reigned on the tables during holidays and special occasions, delighting not only with its appearance, but above all with its unique taste. The intensity of the poppy seeds, the delicacy of the sponge cake and the sweetness of the cream create an unforgettable combination that tempts not only the palate, but also the sense of sight. Although the preparation of a poppy seed cake may seem complicated at first glance, in fact it is a task to be performed also by people who are just starting their adventure with baking. The secret lies in well-chosen proportions of ingredients and careful adherence to the next steps. Poppy seeds, the main ingredient of this baking, are a source of many valuable nutrients, such as protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is also a natural source of energy, thanks to which poppy seed cake is not only tasty, but also a valuable element of the diet.
- 200g (7oz) poppy seeds
- 200g (7oz) sugar
- 200g (7oz) butter
- 6 eggs
- 200g (7oz) wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 100g (3.5oz) dark chocolate
- 500ml cream 30%
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Poppy seeds pour hot water and leave for a few hours, then drain and grind.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until fluffy, add the eggs one at a time, beating constantly.
- Mix the flour with baking powder and salt, add to the butter mixture.
- Add the poppy seeds and lemon zest, mix everything together.
- Transfer the mass to a springform pan lined with baking paper and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for about 1 hour.
- After baking the sponge cake, let it cool down and then cut it into 3 equal layers.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath, whip the cream with powdered sugar.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly on each top, pour over the chocolate and stack one on top of the other.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 1 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 569.06 kcal
Carbohydrate: 23.69 g
Protein: 18 g
Fat: 44.7 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.