Papal Cream Cream: The Sweet Legacy of John Paul II
If there is one cake that has a unique place in the history of Polish cuisine, it is definitely the papal cream pie. This traditional dessert is not only delicious, but also has its roots deeply connected with the history of Poland, and in particular with the life of John Paul II. According to an anecdote, young Karol Wojtyła, later the pope, ate 18 cream cakes at one time with his friend in school days! Since then, the cake has been called 'Kremówka papieska' and enjoys unflagging popularity among Poles. This simple combination of ingredients creates a unique taste that is both delicate and intense, and the consistency of the dough is the perfect combination of shortcrust pastry and creamy filling.
- 500g (17.6oz) wheat flour
- 300g (10.6oz) butter
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 50g (1.8oz) sugar
- 2 yolks
- 50g (1.8oz) cream 30%
- 1l (33.8fl oz) of milk
- 200g (7oz) sugar
- 2 packages of vanilla pudding
- 1 stick of vanilla
- 4 yolks
- 250g (8.8oz) butter
- Mix flour with sugar and salt, add butter and chop everything with a knife. Add eggs, yolks and cream. Quickly knead the dough, divide into two parts, wrap in foil and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out both pieces of dough onto a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 20 minutes until golden.
- Prepare the cream: milk with sugar and vanilla pod bring to a boil. Mix the pudding with 1/4 milk and egg yolks, add to the boiling milk and cook over low heat until the mass thickens. Cool.
- Add the soft butter to the cooled pudding and mix until fluffy.
- Spread the cream on one cake, cover with the other cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 30 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 254.1 kcal
Carbohydrate: 42 g
Protein: 2.4 g
Fat: 8.5 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.