Pea soup: A traditional recipe for a warming soup with bacon
Pea soup is a traditional dish of Polish cuisine, which enjoys unflagging popularity. This warming and filling soup is not only tasty, but also easy to prepare. That is why pea soup is often served during winter days, when we need something that warms us up and gives us energy. In this article, we present a recipe for pea soup with smoked bacon, which is not only simple, but also proven. The soup turns out delicious and is extremely easy to cook. taste of every lover of traditional Polish cuisine. Pea soup is a dish that can be prepared in many different ways.In our recipe, we will focus on the version with smoked bacon, which adds a unique taste and aroma to the soup.Preparation of pea soup is not complicated, but it requires a little time and patience. However, it is worth spending this time to enjoy the taste of real homemade pea soup.
- 300g (10.6oz) dry shelled peas
- 3 glasses (750ml) of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large carrot (about 170g/6oz)
- 1 medium parsley root (about 150g/5.3oz)
- 4 large potatoes (about 600g/21.2oz)
- 1 large onion (about 220g/7.8oz)
- 3 cloves garlic (15g/0.5oz)
- 300g (10.6oz) raw smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons of oil or lard
- slightly smoked sausage roll (about 300g/10.6oz)
- 4 cups (1000ml) of water
- spices: 1 tablespoon marjoram, 1 level teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Soak peas in water overnight. Drain in the morning and rinse under cold water.
- Boil the peas in three cups of water with a teaspoon of salt until tender.
- In a large pot, cook the diced carrots and parsley in a liter of water for 15 minutes. Add the diced potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sauté chopped onion, sliced bacon and garlic. Add to pot with vegetables.
- Add the cooked peas together with the cooking water, chopped sausage and spices.
- Cook the soup for another 10-15 minutes until all ingredients are tender.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 1 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 66.8 kcal
Carbohydrate: 10.6 g
Protein: 3.4 g
Fat: 1.2 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.