Meat Patties: A Taste of Tradition Rediscovered
Meat pies are one of those culinary traditions that every Pole knows and appreciates. This dish, while simple in its construction, offers a flavor that is both rich and homely, reminiscent of grandma's home-cooked dinners. The delicate, flaky pastry is full of aromatic stuffing that tends to melt in the mouth, creating a pleasant taste experience. Although meat patties are typical of Polish cuisine, their history can be traced back to ancient times, when they were popular with the Romans . They are part of a wider family of stuffed breads that are found in many cultures around the world. Today, meat pies are often served as appetizers at all kinds of events and family gatherings. They are also a popular addition to red borscht, creating the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
- On the cake:
- 500g (17.6oz) wheat flour
- 250g (8.8oz) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 100ml (3.4 fl oz) of cold water
- For the stuffing:
- 300g (10.5oz) minced meat (beef or pork)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.08oz) pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (356 degrees F). In a bowl, combine flour, salt, butter cut into small pieces, eggs and water. Work out a uniform dough, then put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the stuffing. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped onion and garlic, fry until the onion becomes glassy. Add minced meat, salt and pepper. Fry until the meat is fully cooked. Set aside the stuffing to cool.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cake from the refrigerator. Roll them out to a thickness of about 3 mm. Cut out circles using a glass or cookie cutter.
- Place a teaspoon of filling on each circle of dough. Fold the dough in half, pressing the edges with a fork to seal the patty.
- Place the patties on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the patties are golden brown.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 25 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 197 kcal
Carbohydrate: 8 g
Protein: 21 g
Fat: 9 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.