Kołduny: A traditional recipe for Lithuanian dumplings with meat
Dumplings, small dumplings originating from Lithuania, are a true treasure of Baltic cuisine. They are not only tasty, but also full of tradition and history. Preparing dumplings is a real art that requires patience and precision. In this article, I would like to share with You are my favorite and proven recipe for dumplings. This recipe contains several serving ideas, a detailed description and photos of the steps, which makes it an ideal guide for anyone who wants to try their hand at preparing these traditional Lithuanian dumplings. and their preparation is a great way to spend time in the kitchen. I invite you to discover the secrets of Lithuanian cuisine and join me on this culinary adventure.
- 2 cups of wheat flour, e.g. Szymanowska type 480 - 320 g (11.3oz)
- 140ml hot water - just over half a cup (4.7oz)
- 1 small egg - about 40 g (1.4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter - about 10 g (0.35oz)
- a good pinch of salt
- 350g beef - I used a shoulder (12.3oz)
- 1 medium-sized onion - about 150 g (5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp lard or cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic - about 20 g (0.7oz)
- spices: 1 tablespoon marjoram, half a teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the dough for the dumplings. Sift all the flour into a bowl, add a large pinch of salt. Pour hot water and a tablespoon of butter into a glass. As soon as the butter melts in boiling water, wait until the water cools down a bit and pour it into the bowl with flour and salt and egg. Knead the dough until it has a soft, plastic and elastic consistency.
- Wrap the finished ball of dough in foil and set aside for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the stuffing for the dumplings. Peel the onion and four cloves of garlic and chop very finely. Add two tablespoons of lard or frying oil to the hot frying pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry the whole thing on medium burner power until 5 minutes.
- Add the contents of the pan and the spices to the bowl with the minced meat. Mix the stuffing ingredients very well.
- Unwrap the dough from the foil and divide it into 3 parts. Roll out one part of the dough, cut out round patties, put about one teaspoon of meat stuffing in the center of each cake. Fold in half and glue the sides together.
- Cook the dumplings in salted, boiling water. Fish them out about 5 minutes after they float to the surface.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 20 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 232.4 kcal
Carbohydrate: 29.9 g
Protein: 10.2 g
Fat: 8 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.