Keto Sponge Cake Recipe
This keto sponge cake recipe is perfect for individuals following a ketogenic diet or limiting their carbohydrate intake. Traditional flour is replaced here with almond flour and coconut fiber, giving the cake a light texture and delicate nutty flavor. The sponge cake is sweetened using a keto-friendly sweetener such as erythritol, which helps maintain a low carb level. It's a wonderful alternative to traditional sponge cake, and once baked, you can decorate it according to your preferences. Enjoy this delicious low-carb dessert that complements the ketogenic diet perfectly.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup erythritol or another keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut fiber
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Prepare a sponge cake pan by greasing it with butter or using parchment paper.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Place the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another.
- To the bowl with the egg yolks, add the erythritol (or other sweetener) and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut fiber, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut fiber, and baking powder) to the egg yolks. Mix until the ingredients are well combined and form a smooth batter.
- Now, let's work with the egg whites. Use a mixer to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. They should have a stable foam-like consistency that holds its shape when the mixer is lifted.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the almond batter. You can do this using a spatula or a large spoon, gently incorporating the foam into the batter. Be careful not to overmix and deflate the foam.
- Pour the smooth batter into the prepared sponge cake pan. Smooth out the top.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake the sponge cake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top becomes golden and springy, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Once baked, remove the sponge cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, gently remove the sponge cake from the pan and transfer it to a cooling rack for complete cooling.
- The keto sponge cake is now ready to be decorated or served on its own. You can drizzle it with a keto-friendly sauce, decorate it with fresh fruits, or cover it with a cream made from fatty dairy products. Enjoy!
This recipe for keto sponge cake is perfect for those following a ketogenic diet or watching their carb intake. Traditional flour is replaced with almond flour and coconut fiber, giving it a light texture and delicate nutty flavor. The sponge cake is sweetened with a keto-friendly sweetener such as erythritol, allowing for a low-carb option. It's a wonderful alternative to a traditional sponge cake, and after baking, you can decorate it according to your preferences. Enjoy this delicious, low-carb dessert that complements a ketogenic lifestyle.
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 215 kcal
Carbohydrate: 37 g
Protein: 7 g
Fat: 4.3 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.