Keto Ratatouille Recipe
Keto Ratatouille is a flavorful dish full of vegetables and aromatic herbs, perfect for individuals on a ketogenic diet. The classic ratatouille is a traditional dish originating from southern France, but this version is adapted to fit the requirements of the keto diet. Slices of eggplant and zucchini are lightly sautéed and then layered with tomato sauce, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. The whole dish is baked in the oven until the vegetables become tender and juicy. Keto Ratatouille is an excellent choice for vegetable lovers who want to enjoy the taste and health benefits while keeping their carbohydrate intake low. It can be served as a standalone meal or as a delicious side dish to complement other keto dishes.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (red and green)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the eggplant and zucchini into approximately 0.5 cm thick rounds. Lightly salt them and let them sit for about 15 minutes to release moisture. Then pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Finely chop the garlic.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until softened and slightly translucent.
- Add the diced bell peppers to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes until they soften.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, sauté the eggplant and zucchini slices on the remaining tablespoon of olive oil on both sides until lightly golden. You can do this in batches if the pan is too small.
- In the bottom of a baking dish, layer the tomato sauce, then arrange the eggplant and zucchini slices alternately, creating a pattern. Repeat this process until all the ingredients are used.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 30-40 minutes until the vegetables become tender and flavorful.
- Serve the Keto Ratatouille hot, sprinkled with fresh herbs such as parsley or basil.
- Enjoy! This dish is packed with vegetables and low in carbohydrates, making it ideal for those following a keto diet.
Keto Ratatouille is a flavorful dish packed with vegetables and aromatic herbs, perfect for individuals following a ketogenic diet. The classic ratatouille originates from the southern region of France, but this version is adapted to meet the requirements of a keto lifestyle. Slices of eggplant and zucchini are lightly sautéed and then layered with tomato sauce, bell peppers, onions, and garlic. The whole dish is baked in the oven until the vegetables become tender and juicy. Keto Ratatouille is an excellent choice for vegetable lovers who want to enjoy the taste and health benefits while maintaining low carb intake. It can be served as a standalone meal or as a delicious side accompaniment to other keto dishes.
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 76 kcal
Carbohydrate: 5.6 g
Protein: 0.79 g
Fat: 5.6 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.