Keto Bigos Recipe
Do you dream of the taste of traditional Polish bigos but worry that it doesn't fit within the constraints of your ketogenic diet? We have a solution for you! Keto Bigos is a low-carb version of this classic dish, which is especially popular on cold winter days. This recipe will meet your expectations by providing a flavorful feast without compromising your diet. By using appropriate ingredients, Keto Bigos avoids high-carb additions, making it an ideal choice for those following a ketogenic diet. Now you can enjoy delicious bigos, full of aroma and flavor, without worrying about exceeding your carbohydrate limit. Get ready for a true feast of flavors that will put you in a wintery mood and delight your taste buds. Discover how the ketogenic diet can be both delicious and satisfy your craving for traditional Polish flavors. Are you ready for a culinary experience? Prepare Keto Bigos and immerse yourself in a flavorful journey to the heart of Polish cuisine.
- 500g sauerkraut
- 200g pickled mixed vegetables (carrots, parsley root, celery)
- 150g sausage (e.g., chorizo)
- 150g smoked bacon
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the ingredients. Squeeze the sauerkraut to remove excess salt and acid. Then chop it into small pieces.
- Squeeze the pickled mixed vegetables as well and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Slice the sausage and smoked bacon into thin slices or cubes.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a large pot or deep pan, heat the clarified butter or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until they become soft and lightly golden.
- Add the sausage and smoked bacon to the pot. Sauté them for a few minutes until they brown.
- Then add the sauerkraut and pickled mixed vegetables. Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds, add the bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to evenly combine the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer the Bigos for about 1.5-2 hours until all the ingredients soften and the flavors blend together.
- Before serving the Bigos, check if all the ingredients are appropriately tender and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve keto Bigos hot. You can serve it on its own as a main dish or as a side to meat or salads.
- Please note that before starting a ketogenic diet, it's advisable to consult with a doctor or dietitian to tailor the meal plan to your individual needs.
Keto Bigos is a slimmed-down and adapted version of the traditional Polish dish, perfect for those following a ketogenic diet. Sauerkraut, pickled vegetables, sausage, and smoked bacon come together in a flavorful and satisfying stew. It's an ideal choice for individuals who want to enjoy the taste of Poland while staying within the confines of their low-carb diet. Delicious and filling, keto Bigos is a perfect option for chilly days, providing a culinary journey without compromising one's dietary plan.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 2 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 272 kcal
Carbohydrate: 11 g
Protein: 0.8 g
Fat: 25 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.