Your Easter recipe: Sourdough horseradish soup - quick and easy
Horseradish sourdough soup is a real treasure of Polish cuisine, especially during Easter. This soup, prepared with rye or wheat sourdough, is not only tasty, but also easy to prepare. Everything is cooked in one pot, which makes that it is the perfect recipe for those who value simplicity and convenience. Horseradish sourdough soup is a dish that will surely satisfy your taste buds and surprise guests with its uniqueness. Preparation of this soup does not require special culinary skills, and its taste is unique . Sourdough horseradish soup is a great proposition for Easter, but it will also work well as a warm, homemade dinner on any winter day. Get ready for a journey into the world of flavors with our recipe for sourdough horseradish soup.
- 500 ml rye sourdough for sour soup or wheat sourdough for borscht (17 fl oz)
- 500 g peeled potatoes - approximately 700-800 g before peeling (17.6 oz - 28.2 oz before peeling)
- 1 liter of water (4.2 cups)
- 150 g smoked bacon or ribs - raw or steamed (5.3 oz)
- 150 g of your favorite e.g. country sausage (5.3 oz)
- 60 g grated horseradish - about 3 full tablespoons (2.1 oz)
- 50 ml sweet cream 30% (1.7 fl oz)
- spices and herbs: 1 tablespoon of dried marjoram, 2 grains of allspice, 1 bay leaf, 1/3 level teaspoon of salt
- Peel and cut the potatoes into larger cubes. Put them in a pot and pour a liter of water.
- Add sausage and bacon or ribs to pot. Also add allspice and bay leaf.
- Cook the soup with the lid on. After boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add marjoram, pepper and leaven. Also add grated horseradish. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cook the soup for about 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Add the cream at the end. Taste the soup and add more spices if needed.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 20 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 330 kcal
Carbohydrate: 30 g
Protein: 30 g
Fat: 10 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.