Homemade Donuts: Tradition and Taste Without Borders
Donuts, these delicious, sweet balls with filling, covered with sugar coating or sprinkled with powdered sugar, are one of the most characteristic elements of Polish cuisine. This traditional delicacy, although available in stores all year round, is the real craze for them on Fat Thursday. Over the years, donuts have evolved, adapting to new flavors and culinary trends. Despite this, many Polish homes still bake donuts according to old, proven recipes, passed down from generation to generation. There is nothing better than homemade, fresh donuts that taste amazing and carry the warmth of a home fire. Preparing homemade donuts is a process that requires some time and patience, but the end result definitely rewards all the effort. Warm, fragrant, soft donuts, the taste of which is incomparable to the store-bought ones, is a real reward for every sweet lover.
- 500g (17.6oz) wheat flour
- 50g (1.7oz) fresh yeast
- 5 yolks
- 100g (3.5oz) sugar
- 50g (1.7oz) butter
- 250ml (8.4 fl oz) milk
- The peel of one lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 1l (33.8 fl oz) cooking oil
- Jam for the filling
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Heat the milk and add yeast and a teaspoon of sugar to it, stir until the yeast dissolves and leave for 15 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add sugar, egg yolks, butter, lemon zest, salt and yeast solution. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave it in a warm place to rise for about 1.5-2 hours.
- After this time, the risen dough is rolled out to a thickness of about 1 cm and cut out circles, which we leave for another 15 minutes to rise.
- Fry the donuts in hot oil, 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Stuff the fried donuts with jam using a pastry bag, and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Preparation time: 3 h
Cooking time: 30 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 424.9 kcal
Carbohydrate: 49.7 g
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 22.9 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.