Herrings in Sour Cream: A Traditional Christmas Delicacy Recipe
Herring in cream is a true classic of the Polish Christmas table. These small, silvery fish get exciting new flavors as they macerate in a rich cream-based sauce. Although traditionally served on Christmas Eve, it is increasingly present on our tables also during other occasions, gaining more and more popularity. This dish, although simple in its essence, has something magical about it. This may be because herring is an extremely healthy fish, rich in omega-3s, which are essential for heart health. This may be the effect of creamy cream, which adds delicacy and depth of flavor. Or maybe it's just a matter of tradition that makes these little fish remind us of home, family and time spent together.
- 500g (17.6oz) herring fillets
- 200g (7oz) onions
- 300ml (10 fl oz) 18% cream
- 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz) vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 grains of allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the herring fillets under running water and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Peel the onion and slice it into thin crescents. Fry in a pan with oil until glassy. It doesn't have to brown.
- In a pot, boil the cream with the addition of bay leaves and allspice. Once brought to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fried onion to the cream, season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then set the soup aside to cool.
- When the sauce has cooled, add the chopped herrings to it. Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Cover the pot and refrigerate for at least 12 hours for the herrings to soak up the flavor of the sauce.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 249.44 kcal
Carbohydrate: 8.55 g
Protein: 11.96 g
Fat: 18.6 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.