Hawaiian pizza: an exotic combination of flavors on an Italian dough
Pizza, this world-famous delicacy, has many faces. Each region of Italy has its own traditional versions of this dish, and international cuisines are not left behind, providing their own unique interpretations. One of the most famous and controversial types of pizza is Hawaiian pizza. The origin of Hawaiian pizza is the source of much debate. Despite the name, which suggests an origin from the beautiful islands of the Pacific, Hawaiian pizza has no roots in Hawaii. In fact, it was created in Canada by Sam Panopoulos , a Greek immigrant who decided to add... pineapple to his pizza in the 1960s. This exotic decision surprised the customers of his restaurant, but quickly gained popularity, creating a new category among pizza dishes . Hawaiian pizza is an interesting combination of sweet and salty flavors. The sweetness of pineapple perfectly compensates for the salty ham and cheese, creating a harmony of flavors that makes Hawaiian pizza so unique. Many people love this combination, although for others it is a culinary heresy. No matter which side you're on, one thing's for sure - Hawaiian pizza is unforgettable.
- 500g (17.6oz) wheat flour
- 300ml (10.1fl oz) warm water
- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 400g (14.1oz) peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- 200g (7oz) ham
- 150g (5.3oz) mozzarella cheese
- 1 can of sliced pineapple
- In a bowl, mix warm water with yeast. Add the flour, salt and olive oil, then knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. We leave it to rise for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the tomato sauce. Heat the oil in a pan, add the finely chopped garlic and fry for about a minute. Add pelati tomatoes , season with salt and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (428 degrees F). Roll out the dough into a circle with a diameter of about 30 cm. Spread the tomato sauce on the dough, then put the slices of ham, pineapple and crumbled mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is well melted and slightly browned.
Preparation time: 1 h30 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 228.66 kcal
Carbohydrate: 27 g
Protein: 10.95 g
Fat: 8.54 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.