Gingerbread Cake: The smell of Christmas in your home
Thinking about Christmas, we think of a house full of the smell of gingerbread, Christmas tree and candlelight. Gingerbread is a classic Christmas tradition, present on the tables in many Polish homes. But what if you transfer this classic taste to the form of a cake? Here is a recipe for a gingerbread cake - a dessert that will be perfect as the crowning of a festive feast. The heart of the cake is a moist gingerbread sponge cake, full of aromatic spices, dominated by cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and ginger. Its sweetness fits perfectly with the acidity of blackcurrant jam, and the whole is complemented by fluffy white chocolate cream. This composition of flavors makes every bite of this cake a real feast for the senses. Preparing a gingerbread cake is a great opportunity to involve the whole family in a joint activity. Children will surely be happy to help in rolling out the dough and layering the cake. These are special moments when you can spend time together enjoying the magic of Christmas.
- 500g (17.6oz) wheat flour
- 250g (8.8oz) honey
- 200g (7oz) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spice
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 200g (7oz) white chocolate
- 500ml (16.9 fl oz) cream 30%
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 200g (7oz) blackcurrant jam
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, gingerbread spice, and baking soda. Add honey and eggs, then knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts, and then roll out each portion to the size of the baking pan. Bake each top separately in an oven preheated to 180°C.
- While the biscuits are baking, prepare the cream. Heat the cream over low heat, but do not bring to a boil. Add the white chocolate broken into pieces and stir until the chocolate melts. Finally, add powdered sugar and mix.
- When the biscuits have cooled down, put the blackcurrant jam on the first layer, and then cover with a layer of cream. Do the same with the rest of the cake layers.
- Decorate the finished cake as you wish. You can use, for example, extra white chocolate, nuts or Christmas decorations.
Preparation time: 1 h30 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 360 kcal
Carbohydrate: 49.2 g
Protein: 3.9 g
Fat: 16.4 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.