A Culinary Journey into Tradition: The Secrets of Fried Carp
Fried carp is a dish that has been a symbol of Polish cuisine for centuries. Its history dates back to the 13th century, when carp began to be bred in our area. Since then, fried carp has become an inseparable element of the Christmas Eve table, and its preparation is a real ritual, passed down from generation to generation. In this article, I would like to share with you a proven recipe for perfectly soft and juicy fish, which can be prepared step by step. The preparation time is only 1 hour 30 minutes, and from the given ingredients you will get about 10 pieces
- 1 carp carp - any weight e.g. 1500 g (53 oz)
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour (0.35 oz)
- minimum 3 tablespoons of clarified butter for frying
- Remove the scales from the carp carcass and wash the whole fish very thoroughly (don't forget to cut the belly). Remove all mucus from the fish. You can use a fresh dishcloth for this. Dry the carp with a paper towel. If your carcass had a head, cut it off. Then also cut off the tail and fins. The easiest way to remove them is with scissors (meat shears). All that remains is to cut the carcass into a bell. Use a large and sharp knife. The bell cut the same width (e.g. 2.5 cm). it's easier to fry them later. I cut my carcass into 10 pieces.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of salt on the board. Take a pinch and rub salt on each bell. Place the salted pieces of fish in a deeper dish (glass or ceramic). Pour the whole thing with the juice of one lemon. "Massage" the pieces of fish into Put the bowl aside for 30 minutes (on the side, on the kitchen counter). After this time, you can coat and fry the carp.
- Remove the carp bells (after marinating) from the salty juice. Dry each bell very carefully with a paper towel. Put two heaping tablespoons of breadcrumbs and one tablespoon of wheat flour into a bowl. Mix the flour with the breadcrumbs. every bell.
- Preheat a large pan with a thick bottom. Reduce the burner power to medium. Put a minimum of three heaping tablespoons of clarified butter in the pan. When the butter melts, you can put pieces of carp in the coating. If the fish sizzles immediately after being placed in the pan, then means that the pan is well heated and the butter is at the perfect temperature. Turn the bells to the other side after about five minutes (or cook them a little longer). The bells should be nicely browned on the bottom. The other side will fry a little shorter. put the fried carp on a paper towel for a while to dry them of excess fat.
Preparation time: 1 h20 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 274.48 kcal
Carbohydrate: 12.3 g
Protein: 20.77 g
Fat: 15.8 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.