Dumplings with mushrooms: A centuries-old tradition on your table
Dumplings are probably one of the most famous and popular dishes of Polish cuisine. There are many variations of these delicious pocket-sized dishes, but one of the most traditional and appreciated is mushroom dumplings. These small packets with a delicate taste and aromatic filling are an inseparable element of Christmas in Poland, but they are so delicious that they are worth eating all year round. The heart of dumplings are mushrooms - usually dried porcini mushrooms or boletes, which give a unique, deep taste. Mushroom filling is not only tasty, but also healthy. Mushrooms are a rich source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. Choosing dough for dumplings is another important decision. Some prefer a potato-based dough, similar to dumpling dough, while others prefer the traditional dumpling dough made of flour, water and salt.
- 500g flour (17.6oz)
- 250ml warm water (8.5 fl oz)
- Salt to taste
- 500g dried mushrooms (17.6oz)
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons of butter (30g, 1oz)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- We start by preparing the stuffing. Soak the mushrooms in warm water for a few hours, then cook until soft. Then drain and chop finely.
- Chop the onion and fry it in butter until golden.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion, season with salt and pepper, fry for a few minutes, then leave to cool.
- We prepare the dough. Mix the flour with salt, gradually add warm water and knead the dough. It should be flexible and non-stick to hands. After kneading the dough, let it rest under a cloth for 30 minutes.
- After this time, roll out the dough thinly and cut out round shapes, for example with a glass.
- Put a portion of the stuffing in the center of each circle, fold in half and seal the edges to form dumplings.
- Cook the dumplings in salted water a few minutes after they float to the surface.
- Serve dumplings hot, topped with butter or sprinkled with onion browned in butter.
Preparation time: 1 h
Cooking time: 30 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 39.97 kcal
Carbohydrate: 2.51 g
Protein: 2.33 g
Fat: 2.29 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.