Discover the taste of the Orient: Recipe for an aromatic chickpea soup
Chickpea soup is a dish that deserves more attention. This delicious, low-calorie and healthy soup is a great choice for those who are looking for simple but tasty dishes. Chickpea soup is not only easy to prepare, but also full of healthy ingredients that are good for our body. Chickpeas, the main ingredient of this soup, are rich in protein and fiber, and contain many important vitamins and minerals. Additionally, this soup is vegetarian and gluten-free, which makes it a great choice for people on special diets. But even if you are not a vegetarian or suffer from gluten intolerance, you will surely love this soup. It is full of flavor thanks to the combination of chickpeas with various vegetables and spices. What's more, the whole soup is prepared in one pot, which makes it's the perfect dish for every day.
- 400 g (14 oz) cooked chickpeas
- 1 liter of water (4 cups / 34 fl oz)
- 2 medium carrots - about 200 g (7 oz)
- 1 medium onion - about 150 g (5.3 oz)
- 4 medium potatoes - up to 500 g (17.6 oz)
- 1 medium parsley root - about 140 g (4.9 oz)
- small piece of celery root - about 80 g (2.8 oz)
- 400 g (14 oz) tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons each of clarified butter and cooking oil
- spices: 1 bay leaf; 2 grains of allspice; 1 teaspoon of salt; 1 level teaspoon of sweet paprika; ½ teaspoon each of pepper and marjoram; a generous pinch of hot pepper and cumin
- In a larger pot, heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil and add two tablespoons of ghee.
- Peel and dice the onion, add to the pot and fry for five minutes.
- Peel and dice potatoes, parsley root, celery root and carrots and add to pot.
- Add a liter of water, a bay leaf, two allspice grains, a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper.
- Cover the pot and cook the soup for 25 minutes.
- Add 400 grams of drained chickpeas and a whole can of chopped tomatoes.
- Add spices: a level teaspoon of sweet paprika, half a teaspoon of marjoram and a generous pinch of hot pepper and cumin.
- Stir the soup, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 1 h
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 84.1 kcal
Carbohydrate: 14 g
Protein: 4.1 g
Fat: 1.3 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.