Discover the secrets of traditional cuisine: Recipe for cabbage with peas - a dish perfect for Christmas Eve and more!
Kapusta with peas is a dish that has its roots in traditional Polish cuisine. It is a simple, yet full of flavor dish that always reminds you of home, warmth and family traditions. The preparation of cabbage with peas may seem complicated, but in fact, it's a process that anyone can master. In this article, I'm going to share with you my tried and true recipe for cabbage and peas. It's a dish I always make on Christmas Eve, but it's just as tasty and satisfying on any other day. It can be made in advance and freeze, which is especially handy during the festive season when there are so many other things to do. But whatever the occasion, cabbage with peas is always a good choice. This dish is not only tasty, but also healthy. Peas are a rich source of protein and fiber and cabbage provides us with many essential vitamins and minerals. Together they create a dish that is not only delicious, but also nutritious.
- 500g (17.6oz) shelled dry peas
- 1kg (35.3oz) sauerkraut
- 3 medium onions (about 400g/14.1oz)
- 10 tablespoons of oil
- Water for soaking peas and for cooking peas and cabbage
- Spices and herbs: 2 bay leaves, 5 grains of allspice, a level teaspoon of cumin and sugar, a pinch of pepper
- Place dry peas in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave overnight to allow the peas to swell.
- The next day, rinse the peas and place them in a pot. Add three cups of cold water and cook over low heat for about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cabbage. Squeeze out the juice and finely chop it. Place in a pot, add two cups of water and spices. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Sauté chopped onion in oil until lightly browned.
- After the peas and cabbage are cooked, combine them in one pot. Add the fried onion with the oil. Cook everything together over low heat for about 30 minutes. Taste and add sugar and pepper to taste.
Preparation time: 1 h20 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 28.1 kcal
Carbohydrate: 5.5 g
Protein: 1.3 g
Fat: 0.1 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.