Belgian Waffles: The Surprisingly Simple Delights of Culinary Paradise
Waffles are one of the most recognizable sweet treats in the world. Their enticing scents wafted through the streets of Brussels, Amsterdam and New York City, attracting locals and tourists alike. Belgian waffles, also known as ' Liège waffles ', or ' wafels ', are the most famous style of this dessert and are particularly appreciated for their caramelized, crispy exterior and tender, soft interior. This symphony of flavors and textures originated in Belgium, where they have become an integral part of the national culture. However, you don't need to travel to Brussels to experience this dessert. Belgian waffles are relatively simple to make at home, requiring only basic ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen. This recipe will transform your kitchen into a culinary paradise, bringing the aroma of Belgian dessert straight to your home.
- 1.5 cups of wheat flour (187.5g / 6.6oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1.25g / 0.04oz)
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast (3.5g / 0.12oz)
- 3/4 cup milk, warm (180ml / 6oz)
- 1 egg (about 50g / 1.76oz)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (113g / 4oz)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (66g / 2.33oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5ml / 0.16oz)
- 1/2 cup sugar crystals (100g / 3.5oz)
- Combine the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add warm milk and mix to combine.
- Add the egg, melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Mix everything together until the ingredients combine and form a uniform dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- After rising, knead the dough by adding sugar crystals. Let the dough rest for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle maker . If you have a Belgian waffle maker , use it. If not, a regular waffle iron will work as well.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron (about 1/4 cup per waffle) and bake for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Preparation time: 2 h
Cooking time: 5 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 290.1 kcal
Carbohydrate: 32.9 g
Protein: 7.9 g
Fat: 14.1 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.