Discover the secrets of preparing authentic Belgian fries at home
Belgium is known around the world for many things, but one of the most distinctive elements of its food culture is the French fries. These crispy, golden potato sticks are an integral part of the Belgian gastronomic landscape. In this article, we will discover the secrets of preparing authentic Belgian fries in The recipe is simple and does not require specialized equipment, thanks to which every French fries lover will be able to enjoy their unique taste without leaving home.
- 1 kg potatoes (35.27oz)
- 1000 ml beef tallow (33.81 fl oz)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a handful of parsley (optional)
- Choose the right potatoes - the best will be medium-hard ones that are more floury.
- Cut potatoes into long sticks about 1.5 cm thick.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes, then pat them dry.
- Pour the fat into the pot and heat it to no more than 150 degrees C.
- Fry fries in two rounds, about 4-6 minutes each.
- Pick out the fries and set them aside to cool.
- Heat the fat again, this time to about 180 degrees C.
- Fry cooled fries until they are beautifully browned.
- Pick out ready fries and salt them to taste. You can also sprinkle them with chopped parsley.
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 12 min
Macro nutrients per 100 grams
Calories: 230.3 kcal
Carbohydrate: 35.7 g
Protein: 14 g
Fat: 3.5 g
And short story about LEET DIET
As a choreographer and aerial gymnast, I had always been interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Diets had been my hobby, but I never truly enjoyed them until I discovered the Keto diet. After reading numerous books about how our bodies work and the benefits of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I decided to give it a try. I never looked back. The Keto lifestyle quickly became my passion, and I began experimenting with new recipes and meal plans. That's when I decided to share my knowledge with the world and created Leet Diet, a website filled with delicious Keto-friendly recipes and helpful tips for anyone looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle.